Professional Driving Permit (PrDP) renewal
A person can renew a Professional Driving Permit (PrDP) if your current PrDP is reaching its expiry date.
Remember that you have to be enroled on MalTIS before applying for a Professional Driving Permit renewal. For instructions on how to enrol please click here: NATURAL PERSONS
PRDP RENEWAL RULES:
- Your PrDP may be renewed 3 months before the expiry date.
- Failing to renew your PrDP before the expiry date may result in additional fees to be paid.
- You will be required to pass an aptitude test.
CHECKLIST FOR PROFESSIONAL DRIVING PERMIT RENEWAL. DO YOU HAVE?
- Traffic Register Card - received when you enrol on MalTIS.
- A valid driving licence.
- A valid PrDP.
- Completed PROFESSIONAL DRIVING PERMIT APPLICATION form.
- A MEDICAL CERTIFICATE completed by a Medical Practitioner, clearing you to drive.
- An eye-test might be conducted at the DRTSS office, should you have difficulty seeing and require glasses or contact lenses please remember to bring them with. Should you wish to visit your Optometrist instead, please let him/her complete an VISION CERTIFICATE to be verified by the DRTSS Staff administering the eye test.
- 1. To avoid filling in forms in the queue, download and print the PROFESSIONAL DRIVING PERMIT APPLICATION form and MEDICAL CERTIFICATE form now and complete it before you arrive at the DRTSS office.
- Visit your nearest DRTSS OFFICE.
- Go to the Eye Test Station to undergo an Eye Test.
- If you have already completed and passed an Eye Test at the DRTSS office within the past 6 (SIX) months, you will not be required to complete another Eye Test.
- If you have undergone an eye examination at an Optometrist you are not required to complete an Eye Test at the DRTSS. Note that an VISION CERTIFICATE must be submitted as proof of the examination.
- Submit your application at the Person Applications counter.
- A deposit slip will be printed which will indicate the AMOUNT to be paid at the bank. No money is to be paid at the DRTSS office.
- Please verify that the deposit slip is correct and reflects your details as well as an accurate description of the transaction you wish to complete before making the required payment.
- Once payment is made, you may return to the DRTSS office with the stamped deposit slip.
- Go to the Aptitude Examination room where an examiner will schedule your PrDP Aptitude Test.